Йоркширский терьер

Уже более 20 лет в Керчи функционирует Керченское объединение любителей животных. Раз в год это объединение организовывает сертификационные выставки собак. Выставка высокого уровня привлекает собаководов из многих крымских и украинских городов. Читать полностью «Керченское объединение любителей животных»

Современная Ялта с высоты

Худой, изможденный человек полу висел на мачте, воспаленными глазами вглядываясь в молочно-белую пелену на горизонте. Он уже почти потерял надежду на спасение. Солнце уже должно было подняться, но его уже много дней скрывал густой туман. И лишь сегодня слабый ветер начал разгонять завесу и вдруг, совсем рядом, показались темно зеленые склоны гор.
— Ялос! Ялос! — закричал человек. Не веря самому себе он боялся оторвать взгляд от земли страшась, что она исчезнет, растворится.
— Ялос!
Крики его взбудоражили всю команду корабля. Люди, шатаясь от слабости бросились к борту стремясь своими глазами увидеть землю, сулящую спасение. — Ялос! — взревело множество голосов. Они спасены! Читать полностью «Ялта — древняя Ялита»

Керчь, железнодорожный вокзал

Керчь, железнодорожный вокзал

Появление железной дороги в Керчи стало определяющим фактором в становлении города, как промышленного гиганта. Богатые земли Керченского полуострова, получили мощный толчок к развитию, после открытия ветки железной дороги.

Железная дорога с конной тягой впервые появилась в Севастополе. Строительство Адмиралтейства на Корабельной стороне в 1843 году требовало перевозки больших объемов грунта. Для этого была проложена километровая железная дорога под руководством Волохова.
Читать полностью «История строительства железной дороги в Керчи»

Солнечногорское и Малореченское

Современные пос. Солнечногорское и Малореченское

Древние греки, основавшие немало городов на территории современного Крыма, не всем своим поселениям смогли дать процветание и успешность. В отличие от таких крупных полисов, как Пантикапей, Херсонес, Керкинитида, по крымскому побережью было разбросано много мелких городков, выживающих с трудом.
Читать полностью «Ксеропотамос и Микропотамос в Крыму»

Лучшая пивоварня Керчи, Пингвин

В Керчи, в самом центре города, можно очутиться в Бельгии, пивной стране Европы. На улице Ленина расположена местная Керченская пивоварня «Пингвин». Здесь вы сможете попробовать настоящее свежесваренное пиво разных сортов. Внимательный и быстрый персонал поможет вам расслабиться и выбрать пиво по вкусу. «Пингвин» предлагает вашему вниманию несколько разных сортов пива, светлое, темное, красное, рисовое и др. Читать полностью «Керченская пивоварня «Пингвин», — в лучших традициях бельгийских пивоваров.»

Минеральные воды — это воды из природных источников, которые наполнены уникальным составом. Как правило, в химический состав таких вод входят газы, органические вещества и природная радиоактивность — радон. При применении минеральных вод, на организм оказывается благоприятное лечебное действие.
Читать полностью «Крым издревле известен своим минеральными источниками»

Бюро переводчиков в Керчи
Бюро переводов это предприятие, предоставляющие специфические услуги. Если нужно сделать перевод, обойтись без услуг бюро очень сложно. Услуги перевода — это не просто перевод текста с одного языка на другой. Сегодня бюро переводов — это объединение большого количества людей, владеющих иностранными языками. Успешная деятельность фирмы в первую очередь зависит от умения переводчиков грамотно подать переведенный текст, помимо обычного знания иностранного языка, необходимо владеть специфической терминологией, разбираться в тонкостях идиом разных стран, для точного перевода. Читать полностью «Услуги бюро переводов в Керчи»

At the city gate.-grifon kerch
At the city gate
Once, to enter Kerch everyone had to pass through the city gate with a barrier and guards. The entrance to the city was decorated with gryphons on the top of high columns. Shlagbaum Street and Shlagbaum Square was a sort of a border between the city and the Russian-Tatar forstadt. The city’s citizens called the place «Shlambova» or «Eagles», and the Tatars named it «Coosh-Cape» or «the Birds’ Gate». From the gate there ran a street and in the middle of the street there was a park where people could stroll. Later, the street was named after the famous surgeon N. I. Pirogov. The city hospital, the handicraft school, and an institute for young ladies trained in noble etiquette (founded by the city governor Z.S. Kherkheulidze) were all located on this street. P.A. Dubrux, one of the founders of the Kerch Museum of Antiquities, and Yu.C. Terapiano (Toropiano), a famous Russian poet, writer, literary critic and publicist, lived on this street for some time. On Sh’lagbaum Square, there was a trade school (now school № 9 named after P.P. Shmidt) and the main city’s Orthodox Temple, the Cathedral of Holy Trinity. The Cathedral functioned until 1931 and was also the place where a famous priest named St. Luke (V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky) was baptized.

Modern gryphons

Modern gryphons


Yenikale Fortress is of great interest as a monument of fortification. In the early 18th century, Russia, under Peter the Great longed to become a powerful marine state. The Turks, frightened by this potential threat, erected Yenikale Fortress where a small fortress, called Kilisedzik, was previously located. Zaporozhian Cossacks exploded Kilisedzik in 1631. Yenikale Fortress became a real obstacle for the ships traveling from the Sea of Azov to the Black Sea. A small town gradually formed in the southern territory of Yenikale Fortress and became the center of the Kerch-Yenikale’ region up to 1826. After joining Russia the significance of the fortress gradually decreased, and by 1835 the fortress became totally useless. During the Crimean War, the fortress was urgently prepared for the battles, but it failed to resist the Anglo-Franco-Turkish invasion. The fortress’s failure to protect the city during the Crimean War marked the end of its usefulness, and it was gradually ruined. In 1980’s, the fortress was partially restored and has since become a popular attraction for tourists.

Yenikale Fortress-kerch


The Greeks from Miletus founded ancient Panticapaeum, the forefather of the modern city, in the early sixth century ВС.

St. John the Baptist’s Temple is a remarkable architectural monument. The most ancient eastern part of it was built in the 9-1 Oth centuries AD. Earlier, before the temple was constructed, there had been a Christian basilica, the columns of which were possibly used in the construction of the temple. On one of the remaining columns, there was an inscription dating back to AD 757. The temple’s design is that of a cross-vaulting type, which was widely spread in the Byzantium. Presently, examples of similar architectural constructions can be found in Bulgaria. The temple was reconstructed in the 14th century, and during the 19th century two annexes were added to it, utterly changing its exterior. The first annex was the western-side chapel with a small bell-tower, and was reconstructed by architect A. Digbi in 1845. Later, in 1896, the northern-side chapel was erected on the place of the former vestibule dating from the first third of the 19th century. The church was turned into a museum during the Soviet period and restored by local craftsmen in the 1970’s -1980’s (architect E. I. Lopushinskaya). St. John the Baptist’s Temple is the most ancient Orthodox Temple in Eastern Europe. In 1990 it was given back to the people and became the city’s Cathedral.

Курган Мелек-Чесме, 1858 год

Melek-Chesme Barrow, 1858


Melek-Chesme Barrow is another burial construction in Kerch with a well-preserved monumental crypt. As well as the Royal Barrow, it was erected in the forth century ВС. It was up to 40ft/12m high, dominating all the other neighboring mounds. It was named after the Melek-Chesme River, which meant «Angel’s Spring». The archaeologist A. Lyutsenko, the head of the Museum of Antiquities, excavated it in 1858. The crypt appeared to have been robbed. Among the finds only a small bronze bracelet with gold snakes on the ends deserved attention. After restoration this remarkable monument of ancient architecture became open to visitors in 1871, and in due course it became the Museum of Epigraphic Monuments. During the World War II, the famous Taman sarcophagus was kept next to it. And only in 1995, after more than half-a-century break, Melek-Chesme Barrow was opened for visiting again.

Tsarskiy Barrow (Royal Barrow) is one of the most impressive sights in Kerch, the unique memorial of ritual architecture of the forth century ВС. The archaeologist A. B. Ashik excavated it in 1837 and enraptured by its beauty, he called it Tsarskiy Barrow. It was possibly the burial place of Bosporan kings, Leukon I or Paerisades I, it was robbed in ancient times. Early Christians used its burial chamber and the dromos as a refuge during persecutions. They had their secret meetings inside the mound.

The Tatars seemed to be well acquainted with the inner construction of the tomb long ago. They called it «Nar-oba» meaning «the pomegranate burial mound», as the rustic work decorating the dromos walls resembled the grains of this southern fruit. In the middle of the 1860’s, the burial mound was restored and became a guarded sight for tourists. Later on, various stelae, tombstones and several sarcophagi from the Kerch Lapidary Museum were placed along the walls of the dromos and at the entrance into the mound.

наверх

Open Directory Project at dmoz.org Яндекс.Метрика